Zander Sod’s Number 1 Kentucky Bluegrass
The premier grass for your home or business.
Zander Sod’s Number 1 Kentucky Bluegrass is the most popular choice for residential and commercial lawns, sports fields, and parks.
We custom blend top-performing cultivars, producing a turf that is specifically suited to our climatic zone with excellent temperature and drought tolerance, as well as high resistance to disease.
Our Kentucky bluegrass provides an attractive, dense turf with great colour from spring to fall.
Not only do we supply our Number 1 Kentucky bluegrass to homes, cottages, and businesses across Ontario, we also supply it to most of the top rated golf courses in Canada and many popular sporting venues, including:
- Angus Glen Golf Club
- Dundas Valley Golf Club
- BMO Field
- Rogers Centre
- High Park Tennis Club
Information About Kentucky Bluegrass:
- Each roll is 2’ x 4.5’ = 9 sq. ft. = 1 sq. yd.
- Each roll weighs approx. 50 lbs
- Online orders are limited to max of 160 rolls, please call for larger orders
- Please measure your square footage carefully, no returns (as sod is brought in fresh, as a live plant it is very perishable.)
- Orders placed before 3pm Monday-Thursday will be available next day at our office
- Please call the day of expected pickup to confirm sod has arrived
- Orders placed after hours or on weekends will require 2 business days for pickup
(Example: Order placed on Saturday would be available for pickup on Tuesday.)
- Please call the office if you are hoping to pickup your sod same day
The sod we provide homes and businesses is a Turfgrass Water Conservation Alliance (TWCA) product. The TWCA prides itself on using peer-reviewed, objective data to produce the most drought-tolerant turfgrass possible.
You can be assured that the sod you purchase from our farm will not only make your outdoor space look beautiful, but it will also be the most environmentally friendly sod available.
The Nursery Sod Growers Association provides a Green Certification to growers like Zander Sod who are able to pass a third-party auditing program dedicated to identifying companies who are adhering to the best management and sustainability practices for natural grass sod production.