Why You’ll Love Working At Zander Sod
If you’re looking for a career that’ll provide you with consistent work, fair compensation, and a team-first environment, working at Zander Sod may be the right choice for you.
We have a diverse working environment that allows for our employees to try new things regularly as they become experienced in different parts of the business. Our commitment to the professional and personal development of our employees means that we do our best to achieve the work-life balance that everyone wants in a job.
From grass cutters to truck drivers (that get to go home every night!) to customer service representatives to farm labourers, there are many opportunities to work with us.
Start a rewarding career at a company where you get to enjoy the outdoors and work with great people.
I have been working at Zander Sod for over 15 years. I am a sod installer, involved in projects all over Ontario: From beautiful properties in cottage country to special events in Toronto to the finest golf courses in the province.
Working at Zander Sod is number one in my book. The thing that I really appreciate is the great relationships I have formed with my co-workers in the Turf Services department. It is that special bond that drives our crew to complete our work in a safe, efficient, and professional manner. I have a strong feeling of pride at the end of each day knowing what we have accomplished. Best of all, I get to see the smiles on our customer’s faces when we complete the job!
Customer Service Representative
We are looking for an individual who is dedicated, motivated, and professional, both on the phone and in person. This individual will need to excel in a team environment. The job is full-time, seasonal (April to December) with expected hours of Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
- Answer the telephone and direct inquiries in a professional, courteous manner
- Take orders over the phone and at the front counter
- Enter orders for sod and Big Yellow Bag using customized software
- Respond to customer order inquiries
- Provide information about showroom products
- Administrative support and other tasks/projects when needed
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in customer service in an office setting
- Works well with others, but can also work independently with little or no supervision
- High attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, take direction, and adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions, understand customer concerns, and overcome issues
We’re looking for truck drivers to join our team in a full-time seasonal capacity, from May to November. Saturday deliveries will be required. First aid training and a company uniform are provided. Our drivers are home every night — so you never have to worry about being away from your family and friends!
- Complete a variety of assignments, such as hauling sod and soil totes
- Perform mandatory daily circle checks
- Maintain logs of working hours following applicable provincial regulations
- Deliver product and paperwork to customers in a courteous and timely manner
- Keep equipment clean and in good condition
Knowledge & Experience
- Hold valid DZ driver’s license
- Speak, read, and write in English
- Exude a positive, professional attitude towards customers, the public, and co-workers
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Follow directions and work in high traffic areas such as GTA
- Effectively communicate with customers, co-workers, and dispatcher
- Honest, reliable, hard-working, cooperative, and safety-conscious
- Forklift experience is an asset
Fill out the application form, attach your resume, if you have one, and we’ll be in touch with all qualified applicants soon.
Zander Sod is an equal opportunity employer and provides employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.