Start a Career at Zander Sod
If you’re looking for a great career in the turfgrass industry, we want to hear from you!
Why You’ll Love Working At Zander Sod
If you’re looking for a career that’ll provide you with consistent work, fair compensation, and a team-first environment, working at Zander Sod may be the right choice for you.
We have a diverse working environment that allows for our employees to try new things regularly as they become experienced in different parts of the business. Our commitment to the professional and personal development of our employees means that we do our best to achieve the work-life balance that everyone wants in a job.
From grass cutters to truck drivers (that get to go home every night!) to customer service representatives to farm labourers, there are many opportunities to work with us.
Start a rewarding career at a company where you get to enjoy the outdoors and work with great people.
I have been working at Zander Sod for over 15 years. I am a sod installer, involved in projects all over Ontario: From beautiful properties in cottage country to special events in Toronto to the finest golf courses in the province.
Working at Zander Sod is number one in my book. The thing that I really appreciate is the great relationships I have formed with my co-workers in the Turf Services department. It is that special bond that drives our crew to complete our work in a safe, efficient, and professional manner. I have a strong feeling of pride at the end of each day knowing what we have accomplished. Best of all, I get to see the smiles on our customer’s faces when we complete the job!
General Farm Labourer/Mechanic
We are seeking a few full-time seasonal employees who are available to work Monday thru Friday starting early in the morning. Some long hours and weekend work are needed during our peak season. Compensation will be negotiated depending on experience.
– Outdoor physical work
– Positive attitude
– Willingness to work and learn
– Mechanical aptitude with previous automotive/farm equipment repair experience an asset
– AZ license an asset
– Harvesting experience an asset
– Operating farm equipment including tractors and implements
– Equipment diagnosis and repair
– Harvesting sod
– Piling sod
– Irrigation setup and operation
– Skid painting and repair
– Any other duties that may arise
– Cart and spread topsoil and other materials
– Lay sod and seed
– Operate and maintain landscape maintenance equipment (i.e. roller)
– Grade with hand-held tools
Terms of Employment
– Full-time seasonal
– 7 month contract (May 1st to end of November)
– Monday- Friday 7am-5pm
– 47.5-50 hours/week
– Early mornings, overtime available, flexible hours
– Staff accommodation available at a cost
– Travel expenses paid by employer
Language of work: -English
Locations of work:-Various locations across the GTA
– No education required (we will train)
– Experience an asset
– Golf courses, sports fields, commercial properties
– Fast paced environment
– Tight deadlines
– Handling heavy loads
– Physically demanding
– Manual dexterity
– Attention to detail
– Walking, bending, crouching, kneeling
– Client focus
– Team player
Fill out the application form, attach your resume, if you have one, and we’ll be in touch with all qualified applicants soon.
"*" indicates required fields
Zander Sod is an equal opportunity employer and provides employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.